Trevor at eight months !

Trevor at eight months !

Sunday, May 24, 2015

" I am choosing to believe..... You are Faithful ".

I have been wanting to write for some time now, and I haven't been ready until now to recount the time at the hospital when I had Amber, even though I think of it quite a bit.

I went to bed the night before we went in with an encouraged heart, as my brother had just been here and we had such a good visit and reconciliation 😊

James' sister Lizzy came that night to be here the next morning to watch our kids because we had to leave early. I couldn't sleep so I got up and woke Lizzy about 2:30 am and we talked and ate cookies and milk. James got up at 5:30 and made us all breakfast. We were supposed to leave at 6:30 but my doctor called and said she was still waiting for my ultrasound results from the Friday before. And the reason was because she wanted to be sure I was more than 19 weeks along because if I wasn't, they would have to send me somewhere else, as well as consulting another specialist. She called me at 9 and said she received them and that we could come in and go forward with it.

James and I prayed on the way, that God would be with us and He would protect me. We got there and signed in. The lady said " Oh ! You're the inpatient ! Would you like a wheelchair ?" ( thinking I was going to have a live baby ) I felt numb as I politely said no thank you.

We went up to my room on the third floor and a sweet nurse greeted us and showed me where I could put my gown on and left us for a few minutes.
I have never broken any bones, had surgeries or stayed in a hospital before. On the other hand, my husband has broken multiple bones and has had a couple hospital stays so he knew all about it 😉 I looked at the holey gown and at james and said " Really "? ☺️ he replied " It's all part of the stay.      

"😁 I went and put my gown on and got into the bed. Gale Light ( one of elders wife ) on our request
came and brought her knitting and stayed with us until about 11:30 that night !! We are SO thankful for you, Gale ! And then my nurse came back to do my IV and even though I'm super veiny, she couldn't find one because I was so nervous 😏 she went and got some hot packs and put them on my arm. My parents showed up, with my sisters and my grandma.

I had also asked my sister in law to come for Ambers birth and she came my 3 month old niece, who never once made a peep ! My nurse came back and asked me if I wanted a shot to numb the IV going in and I couldn't make up my mind and tried to get James attention, who was listening to my grandma and out of the corner of my eye, I see Gale nod her head yes, that I would want it ☺️
She gave it to me and got my IV in with no problems. About this time it was getting to be lunch time and the nurse asked what I would like to eat. I told James that I wasn't hungry but he strongly encouraged that I eat something. I ate a sandwich and some chips. My doctor then came and told me what the procedure was, giving me medication to put my body into labor so I could have Amber. They would give me the dose every four hours or so until I went into active labor. She then left which after, having a midwife for all my babies and she staying with me the whole time, made me a little upset. About 1pm, I got my first dose. Then my all my brothers showed up and one of them brought me flowers 😀 we visited for a while and they left. Our pastors wife showed up then with a yummy coffee and an orange plant . I got another dose about 4:30, this time from a different nurse and I made sure whoever we talked to, we shared The Lord with. and this nurse named Judy, was a born again Christian ! It was very refreshing talking to her. After she left the food lady came into to see what I wanted for my meals up to the next night.
James still hadn't eaten since that morning so Gale asked what he would want to eat and she would go and get it for him. I told her that he would love tereyaki and some snacks and told her I had money in my purse and she insisted to pay for it ! She came back and by that time, my dinner had arrived and we ate. Our pastor showed up with Gales husband, and asked how I was doing. I went on for about 20 minutes about how sad I was and that my spirit was broken, but how good God had been to us, and all the good things He had done so far and that He was not finished with us yet. After I got done talking, Sean said he didn't know what to say ! He gave us encouraging words and prayed for us which was so good. He left and I got another dose of the medicine which really started the active labor. We were so thankful for all the people that stayed almost the whole day and it seemed like a huge party in my room, taking our minds off of the hard part ahead. James asked everyone to leave, except Gale and my sister in law, Rachel.

I better finish up the rest of my time next blog post ! It would be super long otherwise 😜

1 comment:

  1. Today I was climbing onto my bike to drive home and was thinking about this day and all that came with it. Man that was a hard time, and I miss Amber so much! But like you said Christina, that God is good and I will never forget how near the Lord was during that time. As well as so many close friends who walked along side of your family and our two family.